(This page should be viewed more as an internal wiki page subject to frequent edits, rather than as a blog post)
Triplo is currently working on a project that involves groups. We're researching our options and this blog post is really more of a shared scratch pad on the resources we are finding and the lessons we are learning.
Our primary options seem to be:
- Group Module -
- Further along than Organic Groups
- Being used by Open Social
- We are looking for the ability to nest groups inside of each other. See discussion here on Group: Subgroup Module
- Organic Groups -
- OG8 Development Mindset - Amitai Burstein, Sept 7, 2016
- Organic Groups and Message Stack in Drual 8 - Amitai Burstein, June 9, 2016
In this post, Amitai describes what he considers the fundamental difference between Organic Groups and the Group module.